Alicia and I took the day Friday to get our second ultrasound and celebrate finding out whether we'd be having a baby boy or a baby girl. We had our appointment that morning, and the plan was to have the doctor write the gender of our baby on a card and then go out to eat together to open it and find out just the two of us. Unfortunately, she completely forgot and typed in "I'm a boy" on the screen. It took awhile for us to realize what had happened, and although it wasn't what we had planed, it was still so exciting for us!
After our appointment, we went out to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory, where Alicia remained in shock that she (coming from a family of all girls) would actually be raising a boy. She had me laughing pretty hard. After lunch, we went to Babies R Us and Target to look at baby stuff and then to Borders to look at baby name books. I love stocking hats, so we even bought our baby boy some little hats and booties. He will look good!
We had such fun day! We are so excited and can't wait for our little guy to arrive!
The card that was supposed to be a surprise at the restaurant.
7 comments:
Congratulations!!
These pictures say it all... You both look soooooooooooooo excited. Cute hats and boots too. Cute partents. :o)
YEAH!!!!! So awesome!! I screamed in the parking lot at Chad & Trish's when you told Mark on the phone. How fun!! What fun it will be to raise a little guy! So excited for you both.
love, mark & katie <><
Good thing Ted has a lot of experience with brothers, right! Alicia, your sisterly experiences will still come in handy I'm sure. So excited for you both. Can't wait to meet the little man.
We are SOOO excited to meet "Spruce". But I promise to call him by his real name after he's born :o)
Oh Boy! I am sure that there will be some good football games with the uncles, Truman and any other boy cousins that come along. We are happy for you!
Wow. I still can't hardly believe it! How can it be that you are pregnant! I am just still so amazed. So excited!
Post a Comment