While preparing a talk I gave a few weeks ago at our Fall Getaway, Colossians 1:13-18 really spoke to me. It has been on my heart during this time of an unstable economy and the election, and has given me such a peace. I can't stop thinking of verses 16 and 17, "For by him all things were created; things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together."
He is the sustainer of all things. Without Him, our whole purpose and being cease to exist. He reigns supreme over our economy and John McCain and Barack Obama. And that is a peace and a hope I can rest on.
1 comment:
Absolutely, I've been thinking that our responsibility as Christians is to love God and honor Him in whatever corner we are in. The world around us changes, but He doesn't.
Post a Comment