
This Thursday we will be partnering with the "Secular Student Alliance" on UNOs campus. I reached out to their student president in the fall. Since then, we have been getting to know each other and working toward having some kind of event together.
The reality is that non-Christians on campus are not flocking to our campus ministries. There is a real need in our culture to "go" to them. This is how we have been challenging students and this was a great opportunity for me to respond to that challenge myself.
After attending one of their meetings, where they grilled me with questions for about 10 minutes, they actually gave me a round of applause. It wasn't because of anything I said, but for the fact that I showed up. When we "go" to others on campus, we are able to get to know them, develop a heart for them, and build trust with them.
My hope is that this event will be an opportunity to build further trust, for our students to see how to thoughtfully engage skeptics, and ultimately for the Gospel to be shared.
No comments:
Post a Comment