Monday, November 22, 2010

International Dinner

Saturday night our staff team hosted an International Dinner. The purpose was to gather international students and share about the story of Thanksgiving and serve a Thanksgiving feast. To be honest, I didn't have the best attitude going in, since it was at the same time as the Nebraska game. But, I was blown away by the turnout and so encouraged to meet a number of the Chinese students (and reminded of how easy it is to engage in conversation with international students).

Over 40 students came and a few of the guys gave me their phone numbers in hopes of getting together to play basketball sometime. I love how easy it is to make friends with international students and how they are so eager to learn about our culture.

I thought these guys were funny - playing Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii.

We had a feast!

Students sharing about what they are thankful for.

Tom, who works with international students, shared the story of Thanksgiving.

No comments: